Welcome to my Best Elliptical site and Elliptical Reviews blog. Here you will find my writings on the top rated elliptical trainers in the market, mostly elliptical machines reviews and some articles on buying and using ellipticals at home. I’m Mike, and I’m just the average guy who likes to write stuff down, so I’ve written down my own tips here in my blog. Hope it’ll be useful to you.
How to Choose the Best Elliptical
Couple years ago I joined a fitness club and started cross training for a healthier stamina. Since then, cross training has become part of my daily routine and soon it was time for me to invest in a decent elliptical trainer so that I save club fees and the trouble to commute to the club every day. I prefer using the elliptical to a treadmill because I have bad knees and the elliptical is kinder to my joints.
These are the points to consider when buying a home elliptical:
- Price and Quality Level – Price is always the indicator of quality for ellipticals. You’d want the range that is just right.
- Weight Capacity – The best home elliptical machine should have the weight capacity for you and your family.
- Stride Length – Depending on how tall or short the users are, try to get the best stride length for everyone.
- Adjustable Resistance and Incline – If you want some serious workout, get an elliptical that will adjust this easily.
- Quiet – Complaining neighbors? Baby sleeping? Want to watch TV while working out? Get a quiet elliptical.
- Arms – Work out your arms as well as your legs.
- Display panel – Is the display easy to read? Is it easy to set programs for workouts?
To read more about how to choose the best elliptical exercise machine, click here for my post in which I have explained in detail.
I’ve been using all the high end ellipticals at the club (Precor ellipticals…) so as you can guess I’ve gotten used to the best machines and what they can do for me. If you are like me, you probably know what to expect from the best machine too. But what would be the point of getting a Precor with a huge price tag for home use when the only people using it is you and your family? The best home elliptical to get should be a balance between quality and price.
Elliptical Reviews – My Top Picks
After a lot of researching – reading hundreds of ellipticals reviews online, testing models at fitness equipment stores, and comparing prices everywhere – I finally bought the best rated elliptical at the best price. Anyway here are the reviews I wrote for those models I tried. I find that it is easiest to search for your home elliptical according to your budget range.
- Best Elliptical Overall - An awesome home machine with club quality and great features. Great for serious workouts.
- Best Beginner Elliptical – The best in its price range. Only for beginners or the occasional user.
- Best Mid Range Elliptical – A good quality home elliptical for people of short to medium height.
- Best Value Elliptical – Bargain buy! Get this for your new fitness program.
- Best Quality Elliptical – Simple but sturdy, the best elliptical for home use. Great for people of average height.
These are just the top picks, and there will be more reviews to come once I get the time to write. You can go to my blog to check for updates.
More Besides Elliptical Reviews
For some people it is sufficient to own a machine at home for the quick workout anytime during the day, but for others they like to know what precisely to do in a workout to make it worthwhile. That’s why I’ve also written some tips for workout on the elliptical.
And here’s the list of my top pick elliptical models:
Top Elliptical Brands
- Schwinn Ellipticals
- Sole Ellipticals
- Lifecore Ellipticals
- Confidence Fitness Ellipticals
- My Top Picks
Well, that’s all for now. I will update with more workout tips and articles on elliptical training when I have the time. There are more elliptical reviews in my blog, and I hope you enjoy shopping for your elliptical.